File This Under Food for Thought
Thinking of going Keto? Think again.
Of course, vaginal odor is not always diet related, it can mean an infection so be sure to consult with a doctor if said odor is accompanied by pain, itching, or burning. And if you’re looking for a few home remedies to keep your lady parts smelling lovely, here’s some tips:
- Practice good hygiene: According to the Cleveland Clinic, you should use warm water to wash the vulva. Dry thoroughly with a clean towel. (If the vulva is very irritated, you can try drying it with a blow dryer set on cool.)
- Avoid scented products: using scented soaps or feminine products often have chemicals that can irritate the vagina’s pH which can cause a bad smell.
- Wear cotton underwear: satin, silk and polyester panties can retain moisture, upsetting your natural bacteria levels and leading to foul odors.
- Eat yogurt: the probiotics in yogurt can help balance your pH and prevent the overgrowth of harmful bacteria that cause odors.
- Drink cranberry juice: the acidity and antioxidants in cranberries, as well as citrus fruits, can help reduce vaginal odor by discouraging bacterial growth.
Always consult with your healthcare provider if you think your vaginal scent or discharge is abnormal.
According to Heathline, you may want to add in some Omega-3 fatty acids as well as leafy greens to help with vaginal dryness if you’re post menopause. Citrus fruit can help fight off fibroids. Avocados are also known to boost libido and those ladies who eat an apple a day? They supposedly have healthier sex lives. While many women have been taught to steer clear of soy, go for foods like edamame, tofu, tempeh, and miso that are minimally processed and are thought to promote skin and blood vessel health in post menopausal women, as well as aid in vaginal dryness.
Net net: It’s not always easy to eat healthy. But use caution when trying the latest fad diet and stick to a healthy diet full of fruit, vegetables, and good fats like fish and avocados when it comes to your wellness. And apparently, your vagina can be healthier too.SHARE